The Kruger National Park is the 7th largest National Park in Africa and the largest in South Africa, covering nearly 20 000 sq/km’s (nearly 8000 sq/mi). Its incredible diversity of animal species makes it a very special and unique place to visit. The Kruger has approximately 517 bird species, 147 mammal species (the highest number of mammal species of any National Park in Africa), 114 reptile species, 33 amphibian species and 50 fish species. The Kruger is rated as one of the best locations in the world to see animals in their natural habitat.
This full day tour includes:
- Pick up from your accommodation
- Entry fee’s into Kruger National Park
- Breakfast with beverages
- A fully guided tour
- Drop off at your accommodation
This tour excludes:
- Souvenir shopping
There will be a variety of soft drinks and mineral water available in the vehicle during the day which will be run on an account and will be payable in cash at the end of the day.
Our day starts with an early morning pick up from your accommodation at 05:00. The African sunrise is a spectacle not to be missed. We also need to be in Kruger as early as possible for a couple of reasons:
- We try and maximise our time in the Park and utilise every minute that we have available to us for sightings.
- Game viewing in summer is generally best in the early mornings and late afternoons. Since these are typically the coolest times of the day, animal movement is at a peak and this offers us the opportunity to see a variety of animals in a relatively short period of time.
Once we have paid our entry fees at the gate, we slowly wind our way to Lower Sabie, where a sumptuous breakfast awaits us at the camp restaurant. The restaurant has a deck that stretches out over the Sabie River and offers stunning views of the river and surrounding bush. There is a chance to see some Hippos and Crocodiles, as well as numerous animals coming down to the river to drink.
After brunch we will start to wind our way towards Crocodile Bridge and then onto your accommodation. We will typically drop you off around 13:00.